Friday, February 18, 2011

Dropping by Daly Chute #4

Yesterday, as the gray skies were charged with snow ready to fall and as I was skiing Empire Express, at Deer Valley Resort, I chose to play around the X-Files. As I was ready for a second lap, I stopped on my way by Daly Chute #4 to get a closer look and had the following conversation with the intimidating Chute:

Chute #4: Hi, I haven’t seen you around in a while!
Go11: Sorry, I was just skiing by, going to the X-Files…
Chute #4: I can’t understand what makes these trees such a big deal…
Go11: You’d be surprised how fun they are today with six inches of new snow!
Chute #4: Hey, that’s just a temporary condition; why don’t you come a little bit closer…
Go11: I’m not sure, I just wanted to say hello.
Chute #4: Are you telling me that you’ve become a big chicken? Get a bit nearer to the edge, take a look down!
Go11: I’m impressed with what I see…
Chute #4: That’s what most people who come up here tell me before they turn around and ski elsewhere; what happened to courage? They say they’re “just dropping by,” but in truth they won’t!
Go11: I’m not like that…
Chute #4: Okay, show me!
Go11: I won’t jump the cornice though; I’ll catch it from skier’s left.
Chute #4: Good boy…

Now, enjoy the video!

No comments: