Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Coffee over computer

Yesterday morning I did the unthinkable, yet very likely deed; I spilled an entire cup of coffee over my laptop keyboard. After the initial shock, it took me 2 ½ second to react sanely and turn the machine over to let the liquid drip, get the hair dryer in action and pray to God, but the damage was done, the brew had already seeped into the device's vital organs. When the spill occurred, I was watching a video and almost instantly, the sound started to gurgle and become subterranean. Seconds later, the machine overdosed under the strong caffeine content and went into a profound coma. I then spent the best of two hours talking to a Dell support technician in New Delhi and little by little, after multiple false starts, my laptop slowly resurrected. Well, not quite yet as some keys remains a bit stubborn and needs some banging on them to work. I hope it'll get better; at any rate, watch these tips now before you spill soup, coffee or beer on your precious laptop!

No comments: