Wednesday, March 5, 2014

When UPS isn't helpful...

These days UPS tries to do as little as possible. The other day, I misspelled my delivery address when placing an order, and sure enough didn't make the least effort to deliver my parcels.

Since you can forget about calling anyone these days, you go on line, do the “chat” thing, wait forever for an available agent, who eventually find your undelivered parcel and tells you to pick them up yourself at the nearby distribution center, which is neither “nearby” nor “convenient.”

So you charm and cajole the agent and he finally agrees to send them on the next day. Tough luck, one out of the three parcel doesn't make it. Here you go again wrestling with a nastier chat agent and almost having to go and pick up the damned piece.

After pleading for my life to get the stray box the next day I finally got it. And also got that UPS is soon turning like the US Post Office in terms of customer's friendliness.

No comments: