Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Investment Gurus

If you listen to financial gurus, self-proclaimed experts or other pundits to help with your investment strategy, sooner or later you’ll find out that they don’t know much more than you do. This is simply because if we were so smart and had developed a money-making investment formula, would you write a book about it? Would you publish your own newsletter touting your secrets? Would you accept speaking engagement or even anchor your own investment show? I doubt it very much, because you wouldn’t need the brain damage that comes with these activities and -- that perhaps sounds mean -- because you would want to keep your secret to yourself and your close family! The bottom line is that I have read many investment books, newsletters and also watched a number of financial talk shows and in so doing I have yet to find a valuable secret or a working formula. I've learned my most valuable lessons when I have lost some real money through my lacks of smarts or whenever I have failed to listen to my instinct!

No comments: