Sunday, July 15, 2007

Schmoozing

Last night we went to the Deer Valley outdoor concert series to see Pink Martini, a terrific band that is one of the best performances we’ve ever seen in town… While we were lying on the grass and working on our picnic, I couldn’t help but observe a group of local realtors involved with an ugly, oversize, upscale project in town called Sky that happened to be one of the event sponsors. These realtors were all busy “schmoozing” potential buyers, helping them with food, wine and conversation.I didn’t envy them, as I have never been able to schmooze well. Granted, I enjoy conversation, but I hate to entertain standing on a sloppy grass field, hoping from one person to the next while precariously balancing a plate filled with food, a leaning glass of wine and some hollow-sounding words. When I eat and drink, I prefer to be seated and it's essential that I like the people I’m sharing a meal and a drink with!

No comments: