Friday, January 11, 2008

Ski addiction

My wife thinks I’m a ski addict but that’s not quite true. I’m only mildly addicted; at least, that’s what the doctor concluded at my last physical. I know one true addict though, and it’s my friend Dave Sabey. Picture this for a second: The man actually holds office in Jupiter, Park City’s top location with expansive views at some 10,000 feet elevation. Not just a corner office, but one with a full 360 degree view. If you’re looking for him, he’s probably wrapping up in a short meeting somewhere at West Face or turning a corner in War Zone. He could as well be plotting a breakthrough in Silver Cliffs, having a virtual breakfast meeting in Main Bowl, gobbling up generous “face shots,” or hiking to Scott’s (do you know that guy? Must be another addict…) If you don’t want to become dependent or worsen your problem, simply stay away from that man. He inspires the weak like me and if you are pregnant, change sidewalk, he’d even be able to influence the unborn skier. The last time we skied together, I heard him say over and over “this is the last one”, but he kept returning to the chair in spite of my friendly counsel. Of course, the man can’t hear anything; he just moves too fast! He even calls me a “crazy Frenchman” when he's himself a “crazy Kanuk.” Well, enough said; has anyone got the number for Skiholics Anonymous?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you had grown a mustache for a second Dad! I was getting a bit concerned!!!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely true and hilarious!!!!

Anonymous said...

That bad, eh? I'll try to work on it in my spare time!!
Pretty funny - you missed your calling as a script writer!