Sunday, January 13, 2008

So little time, so much to ski!

I’m torn when it comes to skiing; I love the sport, yet it eats up too much of my available time. Skiing is a logistics-intensive activity, and it takes a lot of preparation (dressing up, going to the ski area, and getting geared up) before we board the first lift. After skiing, it takes as much time to reverse this entire process. I’m not talking here about finding a parking place (if we leave late) or about the ski-pass, the gloves or the hat that we realized we’ve forgotten to take along when we finally get there. After last season’s Achilles’ tendon rupture, I’ve decided to cut back on the total number of hours I ski during winter, just like a repenting alcoholic plans to cut down his or her daily consumption. Will I get there? Probably, because there are so many things I love to do that skiing robs off me and all of this doesn’t make me a happy guy. Things like working on my investments, writing my blog and other materials, getting informed, reading and just working around the house. Should I take that dilemma as a sign of being decadently spoiled? Could very well be...

No comments: