Friday, January 23, 2009

A quote I can live with

Yesterday, as I was surfing the net, I stumbled upon that quote that grabbed my attention as I felt it was perfectly aligned with my thinking; even though its seems fairly well known, I had never heard it before:

Yesterday was history
Tomorrow is a mystery
And today is a GIFT.
This is why it’s called PRESENT“
Cherish it.


While the two last verses are respectively a bit tacky and unnecessary, I will adopt that motto and remember it forever because I feel its captures the essence of life and is a further encouragement to seize the moment. Until now, my favorite sayings were Tao aphorisms like “the one who speaks doesn’t know and the one who knows doesn’t speak” as well as Nike’s “just do it” that I use through most of my professional career. That new one is certainly more reflective of my current stage in life.
Now tell me, what’s your favorite quote?

No comments: