Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Finding pleasure in doing what's difficult...

Some folks can call me masochist or nuts, but I'm hopelessly attracted by what's a tad more difficult than the rest. Call it taking the road less traveled, the trail that is not as well paved, that's narrower and filled with challenging “surprises.” After all why repeat the boring existence, the easy task and the accessible path when it's always possible to find some excitement by dialing up the difficulty, feeding one's own curiosity and better yet, learn one thing or two in the process?

Even though I consider myself the farthest there is from a physically flexible person, I subscribe to the belief that it's salutary to continually stretch oneself and always try to reach for the high-hanging fruit. The reason I find it important is that, as we enter our sixties, decline (both physical and mental) gradually seeps in, and it becomes more important than ever to fight it by going the extra mile and making whatever we enjoy feel a little better and last a little longer...

No comments: