Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Bill, Al and me...

I've never been a fan of Bill Clinton. In fact, I never voted for him when I could have, both in 92 and 96. Even before Monica Lewinsky appeared on the scence and regardless of her, I have always found Clinton to be phony, shallow and manipulative.

Is it pretentious of me to assert that I could see through his facade? You may argue that point, but at any rate these feelings were confirmed again last night when I saw him in a rare interview with Al Gore, his former VP and Charlie Rose, their host.

It seemed to me that both had aged a lot (perhaps I ought to look at myself in a mirror?), that Al had had some extensive cosmetic surgery on his face that had deteriorated, as it always does, and worse of all, I found Bill quite incoherent when it was his turn to speak.

That's right, I'm glad I never voted for the man!

No comments: