Monday, September 23, 2013

Mapping relationships

A few nights ago, I got this idea about mapping relationships in a rather simple graphic mode. A circle rating the quality of relationships from to center to its periphery, where a center location would be the highest possible quality and the farthest distance would precisely be the opposite, indicating not just distance, but also down-right hostility.

The circle could be pie sliced to show “Family”, “Business”, “School”, “Friends” or whatever. Each relation would be materialized by a circle which diameter would measure its importance. While at first thought for mapping the quality of relations to individuals that exist in our lives, this mapping method could also be expended to a variety of things or topics.

 I haven't seen that form of mapping used in that manner before, so I'm assuming I might have invented something. Now, I need to play a bit with it and will return soon with some more thought on the subject!

No comments: