Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Just a simple snowblower wheel...

At first it looked like just a simple job; changing both tires and tubes on a 27 year old snowblower.

I recently had a previous problem with one tire that tore off just by the ream, but the mechanic that was supposed to fix the problem didn't see what was causing it, only changed the inner tube and charged me $65 for it.

Two days later, I realized I had to change the defective tire as the tube bulged out of the rim. I looked for some aftermarket replacement parts (Honda's genuine ones are simply too expensive), ordered a pair of tires and tubes and went to work.

When all what said and done, took me two days and about 8 hours of hard work to get the job done, because I had never done it before and also removing and installing such a tire gets extremely strenuous and complicated if you don't have the tools professionals use.

Yet through perseverance and sweat, I finally got the job done right a felt very proud of my accomplishment.

Now, where's the snow?

No comments: