Saturday, February 17, 2018

Who am I spiritually?

Sometimes, I get confused when I need clarify my belief system into a neat, well defined cubbyhole.

While I reject organized beliefs like the Abrahamic kind, there are aspects of Taoism or Buddhism that I like, but at the end of the end, I'm straddling somewhere between Humanism and Pantheism.

If, like me, labels keep on confusing you, Humanism is a system of thought relying on the importance of our humanity instead of counting entirely on some divine or supernatural force. Humanists generally believe in the value and goodness of humans, favor their needs, and only look for rational ways of solving human problems.

Pantheism, on the other hand, is a doctrine that identifies God with nature and the universe, or see them as a manifestation of God.

Which side of that debate are you?

No comments: