Thursday, October 1, 2026

Fusing meditation and affirmations (Part One)

When I first came to the US in the 70s, I was impressed with the movement towards “Positive Thinking” that was part and parcel of the business culture, at least that was what I thought, compared to Europe’s built-in pessimism and cynicism. 

Perhaps, it’s after reading “Think and Grow Rich” that I got behind that way of thinking, and I must admit that it did help me adapt to the American way of working, and ultimately brought me success. Fast forward to 2020 when I successfully returned to meditation and after a couple years, I began to meld affirmations linked to my desires and goals with that process.

The results have been stunning since then. Is this a fluke or can it be explained someway? Still, I can’t think I should dismiss it as a bizarre phenomenon. There is a quite plausible psychological explanation for why meditation and affirmations can work in synergy when fused together—and my particular story supports this. 

Still, on the other hand, there’s a very reasonable hypothesis that my practice has changed the probability of certain thoughts, emotional responses and behaviors occurring—and those small changes, repeated thousands of times, have produced surprisingly large differences over several years. 

In the next blog, we’ll dig deeper into what might have really happened through my practice, so make sure to stay with me... 

No comments: