Friday, April 20, 2007

Please, convert me!

Yesterday, two Mormon missionaries rang our doorbell in a brave attempt to convert us. Since I was downstairs in my office and not really mobile (remember I’ve got that huge boot and the crutches.) Evelyne recommended that I stay put and not go out of my way to meet them.

This probably was wise, knowing my propensity to blurt something bad to these poor devils; me, the heathen, who believes that “a good religion is an oxymoron”. When no one showed up to answer the door, they left their card on the mat, with a cell phone number to call if I wanted more details about their program, their free planet, Donny & Mary Osmond and so forth.

Come to think of it, I may call them today… Who knows, they might offer a spring sign-up special including a free toaster, some frequent flyer miles or even a small iPod Nano. Besides, I don’t have much to do at the moment, so I figured their stories might be quite entertaining and would make the weekends go faster.

Yeah, I’m gonna call them…

No comments: