Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Passion & apathy

Black and white, day and night, hot and cold, positive and negative, optimism and pessimism, ups and downs, joy and sadness, good and evil, passion and apathy. This sounds like Taoism, which revolves around those natural life cycles that make each day interesting and keep us, at all moments, on the edge of our seat. I always try to remember that when I’m down on my luck, the next move will elevate me and being up is my preferred stage in life. Nothing beats the positive side of things and we always want to ride the crest of that wave. Of all the positive feelings, passion and love are on top. Love is the greatest and most beautiful emotion of all and cultivating it through a live time is both an art form and a blessing. I’ve never been quite able to tell the difference between passion and love, even though I think that passion applies to things and activities and love is the domain of human sentiments. Lots of love and passion seem to burn life very, very fast, but hey, you can’t get something so great for free. So, keep on loving and being passionate about everything you do!

No comments: