Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The “Peugeot Hour”

For me, the biggest negative of growing old is that the uninterrupted full night of sleep is going by the wayside. These days, it’s not uncommon that after I go to sleep at 9 pm totally exhausted, I will wake up at midnight, 1 am, 3 am, then again, at 4 or 5 am. When I wake up at the latter times, I generally get out of bed and start working in my office. Around 3 am is different, because I consider it still “like the middle of the night” and will try whatever it takes to get back to sleep. I open one eye, peek at the digital alarm clock and often see 307 or 308 and automatically think at one of the best selling Peugeot cars in Europe. This is why I call it the “Peugeot Hour”. If my digital clock showed 325 would I call that time of night the “Beamer Hour?” I doubt it, I’m still French at heart.

No comments: