Saturday, October 13, 2007

Why is time flying so fast?

Ever since I have ceased being employed, my time has started misbehaving and is no longer the old, long-lasting buddy I used to know and trust; it now goes way too fast, doesn’t last and comes the end of the day I really feel cheated. I’m not complaining about its quality; in fact, mine has improved by leaps and bounds. It’s more entertaining and much richer, but the damn thing doesn’t last the way it used to. Is it now mass-produced in China instead of being hand-made in Switzerland? Is it built with substandard materials? I really don’t know. Until recently, I never understood the preciousness of that finite resource that I have squandered for most of my life. Now that I can see what’s left of it, that flowing treasure seems to play tricks on me and take every avenues to feel short, narrow, and thin. What am I to do? Can anyone recommend a good set of brakes to slow things down a bit?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speed of time, now that is a weird concept...and yet. It is clear that time goes faster when the quality of the engagement increases, and slower when the quality sucks. Therefore, it cannot be made in China. But it slows too in moments of fear, giving more time to panic (one should not rush a good panic, you would be surprised what you can do when you panic). It is therefore clear that time spent panicking is quality time. Quality time however is something that goes slow. Ever had quality time with somebody? it is usually something you "have to do," hence boring by definition. Spending quality time, consciously, with a loved one is a stupid statment. When you are down to spending quality time, the "loved" one better have something to offer, otherwise, just save time and do something fun.