Monday, November 19, 2007

How mood colors a day

A good or a bad mood is like a colored lens. Choose to wear one of the two, or even the one in between and it will have a huge impact on how you'll see the day and on how other people will see you. This concept settled in my mind when I first became familiar with the “Fish!” book and the associated training program, advocating, among other precepts to “choose one’s attitude” akin of picking the clothes that will be worn for the day. For those familiar with the book, you may think it’s a bit trite, but in my opinion it works. A bad mood will invariably reflect on the day’s events and most importantly with the quality of our interactions with others. I’m not saying that I always wake up and go to sleep in a perfect mood, but I always try to make an effort to chose my attitude at the day’s onset and keep it that way through my daily routine. Sure, there’re always bumps on the way that may momentarily deflect that good direction, but in time, choosing one’s daily attitude makes a lot of difference over a week, a month, a year, and why not, a lifetime!

No comments: