Friday, November 2, 2007

Sacred passion…

When I was a little kid I loved to draw a lot, I mean cartoon characters, small objects and the like. At age ten, my creations even won me a contest that sent me flying through Europe for a week with other children my age. Later, when I was in school or helped in the family business, drawing was still my passion except that it was seen as in interference with work and therefore strongly discouraged and repressed whenever I got caught doing it. A few nights ago, I saw a TV show about the life of Charles Schulz, the creator of the “Peanuts” comic strip, and it made me reminisce about that fire that had burned in me for so long and still burns... Morale of the story: Always do what your inner self screams for you to do and ignore everyone else’s admonitions…

No comments: