Sunday, August 24, 2008

Broken chain!

When was the last time you broke your bicycle chain? Perhaps that has never happened to you; at any rate, that’s what happened to me yesterday as we were cruising along “Old Prospector” one of our favorite single-track around Park City, the very one that successfully overlooks old town, the main business district and the Prospector subdivision. It just happened because I must be so strong… No, it did because I failed to lu-bri-ca-te my chain and my gears more regularly! I shouldn’t be surprised that we all the dust we have this season, the little particles of sand can do a terrible grinding job on anything that moves. I feel ashamed but that doesn’t fix the chain… We had to turn-around and alternatively walked and rode our bikes back to a technical solution that we found at “Destination Sports,” the closest shop that has a good bike mechanic by the name of Eddie who knew much more about bikes than me. The chain was changed, I was admonished to be much kinder with my machine and within one hour, we were back on the saddle to enjoy another great ride.

No comments: