Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Another (stupid) dream

I dream a lot but rarely remember what it's all about. At any rate, if I do, it's so rare that I generally feel compelled to write a blog about it, as long as the subject matter is deemed suitable for what this chronicle stands for.

So, the other night, as I was dreaming loud and clear, I was waist-deep back into the snow business at my ancient job of ski instructing. The setting was that I was amidst a gallery of past and present instructor colleagues or acquaintances, and while my contemporary pals seemed to recognize me, those from yesteryear and from Avoriaz, France in particular, snubbed me magnificently while parading in some bright yellow and white outfits.

Unlike me, they had remained young and handsome and most likely couldn't figure out who was the decrepit looking man I had now become. To add insult to injury, these seemingly good looking people included in their ranks people that I knew were long dead. I was pretty dismayed and swore to myself that I would never allow such a stupid dream again...

No comments: