Monday, April 29, 2013

How can I be so... gullible!

Yesterday, as I was browsing Facebook (I only indulge in this once a week) my eyes were grabbed by that electric socket mounted on a disc equipped with suction cup and micro-solar panel. A seemingly magic way to harness solar energy and use it as a “plug socket”.

Even though the presence of a European-style socket arose some initial suspicion in me, my first reaction was: “where can I get THAT and how much does it cost?” It took me a few clicks and a rapid summary search to realize this was a hoax.

 To console myself, I remembered that someone once said (was it Napoleon Hill in his best-seller book “Think and Grow Rich”?) that “anything the human mind can conceive, it can achieve...” Engineers of all stripes, please get off your duff and develop that magic gizmo for me; I could use it!

No comments: