Friday, August 30, 2013

Moving inexorably away from the point of origin...

As time goes by, our memories fade progressively. I'm not talking about the stark difference in performance that can be observed between long and short term memory as we age, but most to the undeniable fact that what was a limpid remembrance of some event yesterday is guaranteed to get blurred some more tomorrow. 

There is nothing that can be done about it, except take notes, pictures and shoot movies if we are to preserve a clearer and unbiased account of past events.

When I think about it I can only understand the perils of writing accounts of “historic facts” decade later (like the Gospels or the Koran) and I'm so glad that still I take lots of pictures, shoot some videos and write at least a blog a day...

No comments: