Monday, August 5, 2013

Writing history each passing day...

Last night, an old friend of mine from yesteryear was my guest for dinner, and the man, a gifted story-teller transported me 37 years ago in time. I won't report all the wonderful stories he replayed, but would simply like to focus on the undeniable fact that, every day, and unbeknownst to us, we are writing history, our own history.

When we try to reminisce some good old days, we often forget that then, we we held the leading roles in these tales, but at the time, we had no idea this was the case and weren't paying much attention to that critical aspect and often let the conclusion of the story end in places that we'd gladly change today if we could.

The morale of this sobering reminder is that each day that passes, we hold into our hands the chance to affect that history of ours and of course, we should. I had never realized that until last night, but now I'll remember!

No comments: