Friday, October 25, 2013

Alexis Saudan, 1932–2013

Alexis Saudan, 1933–2013 The former Ski Professor at Chamonix ENSA, passed away on October 23, 2013, stricken by cancer. My heartfelt condolences to his daughter and to Monique Boyelle. I'm glad I spoke with him, on the phone, on September 30 and that my good friends Gérard Bouvier and Léon Empereur made the trip to say a final goodbye to Alexis less than 10 days before his departure.

 He was a calm, soft-spoken and steady individual, just what it took for the game of golf that he adored during his retirement from skiing.

Back in 1971, Alexis gave me a chance to join his ski instructors team in Australia for two winter seasons, down-under. This opportunities opened many door to me and had a huge influence on what I've done during my career and who I am today. Thank you Alexis!

No comments: