Thursday, January 22, 2015

Skiing with other folks

Most of the time, I ski alone or with my wife. Less often do I get a chance to ski with my kids and grandson. This said, I hardly ever ski with other buddies. Today was the exception, and it became a permanent case of “hurry up and wait”.
It first began with waiting in the locker room to get my friends outfitted in their gear, then we had to rendez-vous at some lodge with the rest of the group. More wait as two of us were skiing significantly faster than the majority and had to wait at the end of each run.

Then there was the stop for coffee and some bite to eat, then I screw up and the better skier and I got separated from the group resulting in more waiting time! Finally we returned to the locker, waited a few more moments and I made it home.

Bottom line: Lots of wasted time and very little skiing; the high cost of being social!

No comments: