Friday, January 30, 2015

Working on my skis

Yesterday, I passed on my daily skiing outing in order to work on my beat up skis. I actually worked on two pairs of these that I have taken to pretty ugly places this early season. I'm ambivalent about tuning my skis. It's one of those love-hate relationships.

I'm not enthused about setting up to do that work, but as soon as I begin, I enjoy it thoroughly. I don't do a perfect job, because when it's time to address the problem, there are huge gauges in the bases and the edges have taken a severe beating too.

What counts though, is that my imperfect job generally makes a huge difference in the way my boards ski. From “so bad” my skis actually step up to “okay.” Until now, this season has been perfect for hitting rocks, stumps and snow snakes; my skis don't appreciate this and neither do I!

No comments: