Monday, August 3, 2015

Looking ahead? Easier said than done!

Yesterday, I went back on my mountain bike for the second time after a recent operation. Since I didn't feel one-hundred-percent yet, I decided to focus on that strongly held concept that it's better to look well ahead, in the direction where one's rolling instead of just being staring at the front wheel, just like we try to do it when we ski!

Well, this one principle is much harder to apply on two fat tires than it is on a pair of skis, just because it requires a much stronger act of faith and given all the mess than unfolds under these same wheels. It's also much harder to stay serene and relaxed while watching in the distance, instead of observing all objects, gross and minute, that continuously flow at the bottom of a single track.
The bottom line is that it's another educational process requiring lots of practice, infinite patience and strong dedication. I need to work on it!

No comments: