Thursday, August 20, 2015

Salomon hiking shoes anyone?

The other day I picked up a pair of cool new trail running shoes, made by Salomon in Vietnam, the XA PRO or something like this. First time I ever bought a pair of Salomon shoe, but it looked sturdy, I fell for the quick lacing system and it didn't hurt when I tried them on inside the store.

In anticipation of some serious trekking soon, I decided to “break” that new pair and immediately discovered that the right heel hurt me like hell and I got a huge blister that was due to the hard cushioning and the irregular stitching inside the area; smart designers don't put a seam right in the middle of a heel cup!

In addition, the quick lacing system did work at all for me, as it applied excessive pressure on both my insteps, more because of its flawed design (the base of the lacing and the tying clips being the only two points of contact).

Since I was not going to take this kind of “Spanish inquisition” I drove down to Salt Lake City, returned the shoes at REI store and promised myself to stay away from “French hi-tech designs” from now on...

No comments: