Sunday, August 16, 2015

Where was I when it happened?

Last night, I briefly watched a few minutes of Elvis Presley 1973 concert in Hawaii, and it suddenly came to me where I was when I heard about his death on August 16, 1977. I was driving back to my office in Elmsford, NY, alongside Kensico Cemetery. Then all these major life milestones began scrolling in front of my eyes... 
  • President Kennedy's assassination: TV room at Cluses, High-School, France 
  • Fourth man moon landing, July 30, 1971: Mt. Buller, Australia 
  • John Lennon's assassination: Early morning, at the Look office in Elmsford, NY 
  • Challenge Shuttle disaster: During a rep sales meeting at Lange's office in Oakland, NJ 
  • September 11: While having breakfast in Vail, CO 
  • Columbia Shuttle disaster: While running in the morning in Vail, CO 
And you, where were you when these events happened?

No comments: