Thursday, October 15, 2015

All about windows!

Since I'm retired, I must be on the target list of all that creeps that pray on gullible elders, and I constantly get all kind of calls. Most of the time, I let them go on voice mail, but today I picked one up.

On the other end, the accented voice said: “I'm calling because you have a problem with your registration of Windows (the operating system)”; the typical ploy to get my personal information. I asked: “Are you really talking about windows?”
The man replied “Yes”. I said: “Please, do me a favor, walk to your office window and jump out!” The smart-Alec replies: “It's only at ground level”. Before hanging up, I simply suggest: “Pretend it's on the 10th floor; that will get your adrenaline going, bring some excitement into your life, and a wonderful reason to leave me alone!”

No comments: