Saturday, October 24, 2015

Will my (high) cholesterol kill me?

My doc thinks I'm borderline with my cholesterol level and has been pestering me for years to take statins. Quite intuitively, I've stubbornly resisted his advice and the more I read or see information about these elements, the more I get set against them. I don't know if you're aware of it, but cholesterol is a natural product found in the body and made by the liver.

It's vital to cell function and is the parent molecule for such major hormones as estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. It is essential to the immune system and the brain. Next, there's no proven link between dietary cholesterol and coronary heart disease.

The biggest hoax in scientific studies is the so-called “Seven Countries Study” from 1953, by Dr. Ancel Keys, in which statistics that did not quite agree with the result he wanted were removed. He had started with 22 countries but only kept the 7 that supported his views, discounting the rest. Incredibly, the whole cholesterol scam is based on his paper.

The Framington Study shows in fact that those who actually lived the longest had the highest cholesterol. Finally the biggest poison of all isn't the cholesterol, but the statin drugs that are supposed to lower it. Research has shown no difference in death rates between patients who take statins and those who don’t. In fact, statin medication is behind a host of negative side effects, such as loss of memory, loss of libido, muscle pain, fatigue and many more that I won't list on this blog...

So, with all this, next time I see him, I'll tell both my doctor and big pharma: “Take your statin and shove it!”

No comments: