Thursday, October 1, 2015

Lunch at the Avoriaz ski school

Last night, I dreamed that I was having lunch at the Avoriaz ski school. Even though we never had a lunch room there per se, here I was, having a bit in my sandwich and listening to some American clients boring their French instructor with their arcane ski technicalities. 
Then, I got bumped out of my table as I wasn't supposed to sit there and tried several other spots and each time, I got kicked out. I certainly didn't belong there anymore, in spite of the fact that I was wearing the official, red “Montand” sweater with my French instructor pin smack in the middle of it.

I felt a bit embarrassed because instead of ski pants I wore what seemed to be long johns or perhaps sweat pants. I retreaded to yet another table where a lone ski instructor was too, munching on a sandwich. She looked resigned and just said to me: “Thing have changed a lot, they're not the same anymore...” I nodded in agreement and woke up.

No comments: