Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Another weird, ski dream

Last night, I dreamed that I had been skiing somewhere in the California Sierras with my friend Jean-Louis Villiot. When the skiing was all done, I suddenly couldn't figure where I had left my ski boots, my after ski boots and boot bag.

I was all alone (Jean-Louis was long gone), I looked everywhere, to absolutely no avail. I went to see and ask the other people that hadn't left yet and they were quite nasty to me. Some snickered that – for someone who had worked in the ski business – that was pretty unbecoming to be so callous about one's own equipment.

Then I began to rationalize and said to myself that after all, my boots were old and so were my after ski boots. I suddenly realized that I had my custom Superfeet custom insole inside my boots and that mere realization made me cringe. Cringe so much, in fact, that this very thought woke me up...

No comments: