Friday, September 22, 2017

The gift of fearing not

I have been convinced for years that fear is the most powerful impediment in the way of a successful, fully-lived existence.

I am often jealous and always envy fearless individuals. Sure, at times, some tiny bit of fear may help someone stay alive, but by in large, fear is an obstacle that gets in the way of most exciting things and achievements.

Besides our own specific genes and DNA, I don't know exactly what may make us less fearful than others, but I would guess that regular practice (read, repeated exposure to fear) may help us become more fear-tolerant.

So aside from facing it and embracing it as often as possible, I really don't have any other specific training plan to offer, in order to dull that curse called fear...

No comments: