Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Embracing the ski crowds!

This year with little (yet quite providential) snow, most Utah and Colorado skiers will be limited to runs covered with man-made crystals.

The foot and a half of natural snow we've received so far won't cover most of the terrain that's either at higher elevations, in the trees on or rough and steep slopes.
This means we'll have to co-exist with a multitude of skiers coming and going in all directions. Call this “white-knuckle” skiing if you want; the kind that tightens up your rear-end while making you ski more parallel, I guess.

To me, who will be skiing with my daughter during her ten-day stay with us, I see it as a healthy, steep challenge, that will call on my very best skiing and navigating skills.

Short of crossing my ski tips, I'll keep my fingers crossed!

No comments: