Sunday, December 31, 2017

When you “hit” seventy...

I recently turned 70 and had always wondered how it would feel to reach that milestone. Well, the morning of that day wasn't much different from the 25,550 other mornings I had experienced so far.

When I rolled out of bed, I fell stiff, but it was mostly because I had skied for six consecutive days with my daughter in less than pristine snow conditions.

That's why I decided to take a deep breath and repair the skis we had damaged on the thinly covered slopes during the previous days, dodging skiers and rocks.

I felt grateful to have eluded death and incapacitating accidents many time and made it that far in life as a left-handed (a category that doesn't last long), to be in great health, have a wonderful family and live in a wonderful place.

I know much more today than when I was 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 or 60, and I'm eager to keep on learning, having more fun and fulfilling experiences in the years ahead. The picture is so clear, bright and enticing that I can't really know where to start!

No comments: