Tuesday, September 28, 2021

A first trip ‘round the world, part 64

When Gérard reluctantly left Tahiti after just touching the ground of that paradise island, Marcel remembered: 

“When we flew from Fiji to Papeete and Gérard continued to Los Angeles, I stopped for 3 days at the Tahiti’s Club Med, at Moorea, where I slept 36 hours non-stop. Don’t get me wrong, I had a great time too, during the rest of my waking hours spent as a GM (Nice Guest) as they call clients in that place...”

Marcel then left on September 28 for America, California and the City of Angels where he visited the Disney studios and strolled around Hollywood. 

There he met a musician who offered him a wonderful guided tour that he politely declined, as the offer sounded like quid-pro-quo, and he found that his obliging host didn’t quite share the same sexual orientation as his. 

The next day, he visited San Francisco, love the sights, and remembered seeing the iconic TransAmerica building still under construction. 

With some regrets, Marcel added: 

Too bad I had to leave that evening, but I had to be home the next day, so I could attend my brother’s wedding on Saturday October 2nd!”

No comments: