Saturday, July 25, 2026

Forgot to do what I preach?

The other day, I was on the phone with a friend of mine who recently moved to France with her husband and explained that she was overwhelmed with a large make-over in the older house she just moved into. 

I suggested that she attempt to parcel out the tasks in trying to break up the work and then I realized I should tell her what my approach is when I’m faced with projects or challenges much larger than what I can handle. 

I told her to look at that undertaking with all of our competitive might and see in it a challenge that she had deliberately chosen to measure herself to the sea of average, mediocre human beings. She thought it was a cool idea… 

Then a few days later, as I’m now struggling to tackle a big project that doesn’t appeal to me at all, I suddenly remembered what I admonished that young lady to do and realized that the cobbler had no shoes and I better should tell myself the same set of admonitions. 

I did, and suddenly that ugly task of mine became sexy again and appealing to me. Amazing how our brain loves to forget or overlook what’s good for its own survival, health and pleasure! 

No comments: