Thursday, July 30, 2026

Neighbor relations...

My neighbor seems like a nice guy, but like many people likes to have things “His way”. The other day he had visiting guests at his home. The weather was warm and they had dinner on their outdoor deck that is less than 30 feet from our bedroom. 

All the diners were loud and when we went to bed at 9pm we could hear them pretty clearly. We were hoping that at 10pm everyone would all retire inside the house, but they kept their loud encounter going until about 11:30pm. I was so mad that I couldn’t sleep. 

The following night the same thing happened and fearing a repeat of the previous evening, right after 10:30pm, I texted my dear neighbor asking him to “please tell your guests to tone it down, thanks” A few minutes later they all quieted down but my neighbor never answered my text, as he probably felt too embarrassed to respond. 

I felt good about the way I handled the incident. Would you have responded differently and if so, how?

No comments: