Wednesday, September 16, 2026

When age enriches us

As I have evoked the idea several times on this blog, the aging process can take us into several directions depending on what we let it do, and this true independent of our particular situation having to do with our economic, social, physical or mental health status, or a combination of either of these factors.
So, all things being what the can be with us, we can see the “aging glass” either half-full or half-empty. As I’ve also said, aging is quite brutal a stage in life, it’s not for “sissies” and the way we want to steer our attitudes, our expectations and our objectives demand a strong determination. 

The alternative to this, I found, is a “crash and burn” approach that is not palatable for me, so I see my advancing into time as a continuing adventure where I have no alternative, but embrace ideas, projects and actions that force me to get out of my shell, re-invent me and in the process – almost always surprise me as much as they regenerate me. 

The end of the road transforms itself into an apotheosis, when I’ll have done everything that was possible given my abilities and for as long as I could muster the energy to accomplish it. What a superior way to embrace old age and make the best out of our last Act!

No comments: