Friday, June 8, 2007

Heart line

Between 2 and 4 p.m., I sometime listen to the streaming Swiss Radio (in French). The show that airs at that moment is called “heart line” and is moderated by Etienne Fernagut a great guy that I don’t know as well as I would like to, since I only met him on brief occasions while I still was living in Europe. What makes that show unique are the rich personalities of its host and his listeners. Etienne’s strikes a perfect balance between intelligent listening, compassionate silences interspersed with philosophical topics and a fine pop music programming. His radio listeners (mostly all Swiss, with the exception of a few French who sometimes eavesdrop) are extremely genuine folks who openly bring their life problems and questions on the air and hardly ever pretend being someone they’re not. I find the show honest, refreshing and very much human. Keep up the good work Mr. Fernagut!

No comments: