Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Job interviews

I’ve had lots of job interviews; some went well, others didn’t. I remember that I once applied for a job with IBM, in Grenoble, France; “Big Blue” didn’t like me and turned me down. My interview for the Look job was with “Madame Beyl” a fierce woman who only found me acceptable when I gave her my zodiac sign which was to her liking. For twenty years, I wanted a job with Salomon (the ski equipment maker) and was rejected with discouraging regularity. I also applied for the top job at Head skis; flew from Salt Lake to New York to meet with its new owner; I made an impressive presentation who failed to persuade the financier who had just bought the ailing company. I also had job offers without interviews. A very good one was made to me in a 747 while flying from New York to Switzerland, another was made on my cell phone while I was driving my car. Yesterday, I went for a job interview to pursue a silly idea that I had for some time. They liked me a lot, but I don’t think I’m ready to take another job; at least, not for now…

No comments: