Monday, July 14, 2008

Two National Holidays in ten days

From the 4th of July to Bastille Day there are just ten days and these two events account for my full ration of National Holidays for the entire year. So, here comes the question; am I more feeling American than French or vice-versa? Very hard to say; I’ll always feel a little of both, but as I’ve said before, I feel more like a Citizen of the World than simply just a French or an American. Like many folks, I also feel a lot of regional attachment for the places I’ve experienced and liked in my life; it’s a mixture of sentimentality and personal taste. The mountains are my playground, so I can relate much more to mountain people than seashore dwellers. I love Park City and am keenly interested in what goes on in the Morzine Valley too, but I always stay open and as long as the place I live in is located in a great spot, somewhere on the blue planet, I’ll be quite content…

No comments: