Monday, September 8, 2008

In praise of time

About six month ago, I decided to tackle the subject of time. As I said then, time can be a very important resource that we often underestimate. When I was much younger, I didn’t have much respect for it. I often believed it could and should be “cut short” to save it and satisfy my tempestuous impatience. The older I get though, the more I realize its power. It works overnight on the dough used to make bread, it lets paint dry, salads grow and resentment heals. More importantly though, it provides us the luxury of finding better ideas, discovering smarter solutions and envisioning options we never suspected existed. The precious quality called wisdom that comes to us later in life is a by-product of time and compensates for all the rash and passionate impulses that are slowly but surely leaving us. Time is so essential to our lives that we often forget how to use it well and give a central place it deserves in any move we make or decision we take…

No comments: