Sunday, September 7, 2008

Steep gets harder

Yesterday afternoon, following another delightful mountain bike outing with Evelyne, I went on my one for yet another one, in the hope of tackling the ascent of “Spiro” a steep, climbing single track that snakes up along the flanks of the Park City Mountain Resort. At first all went well, except that I found the trail particularly steep and sustained. At some point, with no more energy left in my system, I had to put my foot done and walk my bike, huffing and puffing. Eventually, I reached the top of the hill, doing only two-thirds of it on the bike, walking the rest. This ascent was followed by a long downhill run on “Crescent Mine Grade,” a tough single track that crosses across the lower face of the ski hill. I made it okay and this is during that descent that I realized that I was two times thirty years old!

No comments: