Thursday, September 18, 2008

Stress-free Mondays?

Like for many people and the Mamas and Papas’ famous song, Mondays used to be terrible for me. In fact the “Monday-stress” used to start sometime on Sunday, preventing me from enjoying the weekend’s final moments. When I had a big week coming, I always felt the urge to review my files, go over some notes or finish off an important presentation. Sometimes, that obsession spanned over Saturday as well. That was typical of my life while I was actively “working.” Today, weeks come and go without having much impact and making much difference on our life. Granted, we don’t do much on weekends compared to weekdays and our activities are vastly different. Among others, we don’t go running, even though we’re likely to ski, go for a long hike or ride our mountain bikes, but that makes a big difference. So big in fact, that we now look forward to our Monday morning run as our bodies feel fully rested, we feel an abundance of energy and whatever stress was accumulated over the week totally vanished over the weekend!

No comments: