Friday, September 11, 2009

Nocturnal visits...

If finding a turtle in our yard is a once-in-a-lifetime event, I can't say the same about nocturnal visits by some ill-intentioned stinky skunk. This summer has particularly been bad, and between 2 and 4 am, when all we want to do is sleep, the pesky creature finds nothing better than spray its wonderful fragrance just under our bedroom balcony as if it were serenading us. What provokes these eruptions? I wish I could tell...

Perhaps it's my political views; that skunk must be a “southern republican” or something along these lines. It might also be that it hates skiing and want to get even with me for a lifetime of useless turns. At any rate the little black-and-white creature has a powerful scent; if I were dead and if that skunk circled my coffin, I'd probably resurrect. If that happened, it certainly would cure my deep-rooted atheism once and for all...

No comments: