Friday, January 1, 2010

Resolving New Year's resolutions

Some folks get their best thinking done as they shower, I get mine either in my bed or on the chairlift. That's what happened yesterday when I finally broke my mental block about generating some personal goals for 2010. I've said that before, but with a new year under my belt, time is running out and whatever is left becomes incredibly valuable; I can't squander it. This is why I've decided on three categories.

Priority One, as I call it, represents something I absolutely must implement in the coming year as it will significantly enhance my quality of life. If I ignore it, I'm a fool and I'm just hurting myself.

Priority Two, is what is important and stands for highly desirable improvements – again with that sense of time running out at breakneck pace – and I would be well advised to achieve it.

Priority Three is something that “would be nice to do” and can include the superfluous, the luxurious or the trivial; for instance, figuring how to use my Suunto watch that I have owned since 2002 and have never been able to figuring out with it my all-important vertical consumption of skiing.

Now that I've set these categories, I'm going to fill in the blanks in the next week or so, but don't set your hopes too high; I won't go public with them.

Happy New Year!

No comments: